CAGAYAN DE ORO JOURNAL (Maricel Casino-Revira/March 15) -Misamis Oriental Gov. Oscar S. Moreno on Wednesday requested the police and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to conduct a thorough investigation on the recent spate of killings in Salay, town Misamis Oriental.
Moreno called upon PNP Provincial Director PS/Supt. Danilo Pelisco and NBI regional director Atty. Virgilio Mendez to “leave no stone unturned in solving these killings and bring the perpetrators to the bar of justice.”
Moreno condemned in “the strongest terms the cold-blooded” killing of Sichi Gandinao last Saturday.
In a statement, Moreno said that “coming, as it did, very closely after the killing last month of Mr. Dalmacio Gandinao, one would naturally suspect that these killings are linked.”
His statement further reads, ”putting an end to a person’s life disturbs every decent peace-loving individual all throughout the world.”
“More so, if the termination is done by violent means. No well-meaning person will ever accept this kind of barbarism.”
“Misamis Oriental is blessed with peace-loving, hard-working and patriotic residents and the provincial government is firmly committed to promote Misamis Oriental further to higher levels and help its people achieve their dreams,” Moreno said.